Homemade Cream Cheese
Cream Cheese is frequently used for cake, cookies and frosting. I generally use it for cookies, frosting and I like homemade. There are several ways to make the creamcheese. Inspired from the internet, I made it and now whenever I want to make creamcheese this is preferred method for me
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time7mins
- Serves6People
Ingredients
- 1 litre fat milk
- 2tbsp Vinegar or lime juice or as required
- 1/3 cup Cream (thick)
Method:
- Boil milk and add vinegar/lime juice. Keep stirring, milk will curdle and seperate as whey and cheese
- Allow it to cool slightly. Filter the cheese using muslin or cheese cloth over colander. Drain the liquid.
- Run collected cheese under running water to remove the smell of vinegar/lime juice. Now keep it hanging or under some weight for 20-25 minutes to drain excess water
- Grind with cream until it's no longer grainy and has got creamy texture to the cheese. Keep scraping sides while grinding. Refrigerate and store it in air tight container. Use it within a week
My Tip:
Dont throw away whey. Use it for kneading paratha, rotis, making ricota cheese etc. They are highly nutritious


Comments
Post a Comment